Just a very quick one.
I needed a pole for my GoPro camera and decided to make one myself.
I took one rather manky Vileda mop that has been sat outside for ages and is now totally beyond use, and drilled out the end coupling.
The parts I used were the aforementioned end coupling, a GoPro link, an M5 bolt, an M5 nut (I used a wing nut, but an open nut would do too), and two M5 repair washers.
It assembled thus:
A shorter M5 bolt would have been better but I just used what I had.
[Update: I subsequently packed out the space between the two prongs of the GoPro link with a couple of M5 washers to stop the tongues of the GoPro link from being pressed together when the nut was tightened]
Here’s how it turned out:
The mop handle extends, giving you a pole between 0.9M and 1.6M in length.
(Pic is photoshopped to show either extreme. I didn’t make two!)
And that’s it! Simple.